Norton Basu LLP is a minority-woman owned firm that focuses on estate planning, probate, trust administration and related litigation matters.
We aren’t the typical old-fashioned law firm. We hold different values and priorities.
1. We don’t believe in talking down to our clients. We will always make sure you understand your legal documents and how they function in the real world. Most importantly, we will never make you feel like we don’t have time for your questions. Taking the time to educate our clients is a key foundation upon which our firm was built.
2. We will always share with you the real-world outcomes of your preferences so that you can make the best decision for you and your family. Many things are legally possible. However, we firmly believe in providing you the most practical advice on how to achieve your goals.
3. When you call us, you talk with a founding partner and experienced attorney, every time. Have you ever tried to call the partner who’s supposed to be handling your case, only to be pushed off to the paralegal or junior associate? Calls not returned, emails unanswered? We don’t work that way. We provide compassionate, responsive, high-touch service to all of our clients.
4. Our diverse backgrounds and variety of life experiences bring a unique perspective to our legal practice. We have lived, worked and studied across the United States and the world. Here’s some inside information: we weren’t always attorneys! This means we’re uniquely positioned to bring our knowledge of cross-border issues and lessons learned from our past career lives to the fore when helping our clients. We understand there are real-world implications and different cultural dimensions to every legal decision.
5. We embrace technology. You shouldn’t have to send us reams of old statements and fill out a form and mail it in. Everything is online and easy to understand and use. Not comfortable with technology? We have a solution for that, too! We make the estate planning and probate process as streamlined as possible so that you can focus on what’s important: figuring out what to watch on Netflix.